Tuesday, June 1, 2010

friday, may 28
WORKOUT: swimming at the north york YMCA
-> i just did straight pulls for 30 minutes because dave and i were in a hurry to get to collingwood and i was babying my leg because i keep getting these bad knots in my right calf.
-> swim went well except i lost a few minutes when my swim cap busted and i had to go to the changeroom and get a new one.

monday, may 31
WORKOUT: master's swim at hamilton YMCA (distances in yards)
200 warm up
6 x 100: 200 kick, 200 pull, 200 full
800 free
400 choice
200 negative split (second 100 faster than first 100)
100 choice
200 warm down
total: 2300
notes:
-> i was glad to do a distance set, i greatly prefer distance to sprints.
-> for choice sets i did breast stroke
-> i found the 800 set difficult to count, im not sure what to do about that. maybe get a lane counter, but that seems so lame.
-> i still have bad knots in my calves; particularly my right. maybe i can get dave to try and massage them out.

tuesday, june 1
WORKOUT: 45 minutes rowing
pace boat set at 2:45.0 minutes/500m
my average pace: 2:46.5 minutes/ 500m
total distance: 8106m
notes:
-> i stayed well ahead of the paceboat until my 5 minutes of cool down, although my average pace was slower than thursday
-> hamstring pain present, but less intense
-> i didnt have as much time to stretch before and after as i usually do

No comments: