Friday, May 21, 2010

hello and welcome, readers who are interested in swimming! i am excited about expanding my blog to include this separate page, and i hope that those of you who are interested will find this information useful. before i get started, allow me to differentiate this blog from science, tea and cats.
for the most part, this blog will simply detail my athletic regimen and include some notes/reflections on my daily performance. i will also be providing some dietary information, as i feel that diet is just as much a part of training as the actual exercise is. i dont expect it to be nearly as interesting as science, tea and cats, but i do get the impression that some of my followers on science, tea and cats specifically follow my posts about swimming, so to those of you, this blog is specifically for you! anyway, so here we go, today's post:

today's breakfast: cold oatmeal with milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and coconut. had an apple, raw walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries and cup of tea after swim.

today's workout: SWIMMING AT HAMILTON YMCA, (pool is 25 yards, instead of metres which is relevant in terms of number of lengths to achieve desired distance)

-> did my usual 2km (which is 2200 yards, or 88 lanes) in alternating sets of 100 yards (4 lanes). 100 breast stroke, 100 free (that is front crawl. i am beginning to think i should have a sidebar with definitions. this is a work in progress). repeat 11 times. simple.

-> kept my usual time of under 40 minutes, but had a less than satisfactory swim. my quads were very tight and didnt loosen up until after the first 1000 yards. i think this is from rowing yesterday. i plan to take my sports recovery drink after rowing from now on. also, the humid weather is affecting my lungs.

-> working goal: want to get up to doing three full masters workouts a week instead of my usual 2km.

No comments: